What is Five at The Hive?
Five at the Hive is a partnership of the Hannah Grimes Center and Machina Arts to build a powerful network in the professional and creative communities that will drive innovation and growth in our region. For two hours each Friday from 5p-7p the Hive, Hannah Grimes’ new co-working space, will be transformed into a creative after hours meet up space for professionals with a bar.
Our bar takes cards and cash!
Be A Host!
Interested in promoting your artwork, business, or creative idea? Really want to run a poetry slam? An open mic?
Host a Five at the Hive!
This is an opportunity for you to create a small public event with a bar to showcase your passions, promote your business, and bring your friends!
Interested? Learn more below!
So, here’s how hosting works!
- You pick a date (that isn’t already taken!) you can look at our EVENT CALENDAR to find one. 5 @ the hive is every Friday so there is lots of chances!
- You come up with an idea - this is an open opportunity for you to do as much or as little as you want. But this is all on you! If you want this to just be a night your friends gather over a few drinks because of your organization, thats great! If you want to bring in food and music, thats great too! Really up to you - the rules of hosting are listed --->
- Hosting is FREE :) We provide a bar & a space with some mood lighting!
- Would you like your hosting night to be extended to 8pm or 9pm? Lets talk! This is possible!
- You apply! Application Below!
Hosting Rules to live by!
1. This event must be always open to all. This is a space for everyone to feel welcome and loved. Racism, sexism, ableism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia will not be tolerated at the Hive. All entrances and spaces within the venue are handicap accessible. Gender neutral bathrooms are located in the Hive.
2. Machina Arts must create the branding (event page) for this event - any host is required to help market to their friends. If you want to make flyers - no problem! Please just include our logo and that it is a Five at the Hive event!
3. You may not talk on a microphone for more then 5 minutes during the event (Exception: if you are singing, performing, comedy shows, trivia nights.. etc!)
4. You must clean-up or set-up anything you bring in (Set up time is 4pm, event starts at 5pm)
5. This event is free, always. We only allow a donation bucket to directly off set costs of hosting on case by case basis.
6. Machina Arts encourages all live music to be original. Bands are welcome to play at 5 at the Hive - you must be able to provide all your own sound equipment or cover the charge for our sound tech. You are allowed and encouraged to sell merchandise!
7. We do not approve event ideas that are: Political, Religious, or offensive