What is Five at The Hive?
Five at the Hive is a partnership of the Hannah Grimes Center and Machina Arts to build a powerful network in the professional and creative communities that will drive innovation and growth in our region. For two hours each Friday from 5p-7p the Hive, Hannah Grimes’ new co-working space, will be transformed into a creative after hours meet up space for professionals with a bar.
Our bar takes cards and cash!
Be A Host!
Interested in promoting your artwork, business, or creative idea? Really want to run a poetry slam? An open mic?
Host a Five at the Hive!
This is an opportunity for you to create a small public event with a bar to showcase your passions, promote your business, and bring your friends!
Interested? Learn more below!
So, here’s how hosting works!
- You pick a date (that isn’t already taken!) you can look at our EVENT CALENDAR to find one. 5 @ the hive is every Friday so there is lots of chances!
- You come up with an idea - this is an open opportunity for you to do as much or as little as you want. But this is all on you! If you want this to just be a night your friends gather over a few drinks because of your organization, thats great! If you want to bring in food and music, thats great too! Really up to you - the rules of hosting are listed ---> , other then those you can do anything you want!!
- You apply! Application Below!
** After Sept 30th we will have a sound system & microphones available for use! **
Hosting Rules to live by!
1. This event must be always open to all
2. Machina Arts must create the branding (event page) for this event - any host is required to help market to their friends
3. You may not talk on a microphone for more then 5 minutes during the event
4. You must clean-up or set-up anything you bring in (Set up time is 4pm, event starts at 5pm)
5. This event is free, always. This includes asking for donations or donation buckets.
6. All live music needs to be original music ONLY! No cover bands - sorry!
7. We do not approve event ideas that are: Political, Religious, or offensive